10th North American Chevra Kadisha and Jewish Cemetery Conference
June 10th, 11th, and 12th 2012
at the American Jewish University in Los Angeles, California
Sponsored by Kavod v’Nichum, this gathering of Chevra Kadisha participants and leaders, rabbis and cantors, chaplains, hospice workers, educators, Jewish cemetery managers trustees, and folks just wanting to learn more, is an incredible unique opportunity.
- Two full days of workshops to explore and learn from experienced and knowledgeable speakers about critical issues facing the Chevra Kadisha and Jewish Cemetery world
- Numerous opportunities for in-depth networking
- Full conference plenary sessions that address traditional Jewish practices
- Registration fees, including all Kosher meals, starting at $260
- Direct flights to Los Angeles International or Bob Hope (Burbank) airports from most major cities
- Ground transportation options – bus, shuttle, taxi
- Dorm rooms at the University for $90 per night or nearby hotel rooms for $150 per night (including all taxes).
Our 2012 conference will cover many of these topics and more:
Plenary Sessions including ground burial, greening, preparing for Shiva, developing cooperative relationships, and the State of the Movement.
Cemetery Workshops including a cemetery field trip, land use, insurance, the larger Jewish community, and low income burial.
Chaplaincy Workshops including self-care, disaster relief, journey of the soul, being with the dying and identity transitions.
Tahara Workshops including Tahara demonstration, environemental practice, dancing the choreography, unpacking the liturgy, chanting, infection control, donation, transgender, and Muslim tahara.
Chevra Kadisha Workshops including organizing, training, education, unaffiliated Jews, ethical wills, and Maavar Yabbok text study.
- In the items listed in the “I want to attend” section above, click on the blue plus to open a description.
- The “remaining” column will tell you how many spaces are left when we get close to filling up. The “available until” column is the last day to register at that price.
- If you purchase multiple items, such as 2 full registrations, we will ask you questions about registrant 1 and then about registrant 2. Please complete both.
- If you don’t want to pay by credit card, you can mail a check – 8112 Sea Water Path, Columbia, MD 21045 and we will give you instructions on completing the registration form.
Be sure to check out our re-vamped website