JFPCGW Contract With Fram Monument 2018
JEWISH FUNERAL PRACTICES COMMITTEE OF GREATER WASHINGTON, INC
AGREEMENT BETWEEN JFPCGW AND FRAM MONUMENT COMPANY, INC.
1. This contract is made between the Jewish Funeral Practices Committee of Greater Washington, Inc. “JFPCGW,” and Fram Monument Company, Inc., hereinafter called the “Supplier”, effective January 1, 2018 thru January 31, 2022.
2. Supplier understands that JFPCGW’s primary purpose is to permit and encourage Jewish families to honor their dead by taking the lead in ritual activities and in protecting and comforting the mourners, and to follow Jewish values including simplicity, equality and economy in death. Supplier agrees to cooperate to further those purposes.
3. Supplier agrees to provide, for any Jewish burial in one of the cemeteries in the tables below, a memorial grave plaque or monument and services as described below, at a price that is set forth below.
The prices, for each of five named cemeteries, include granite base, concrete foundation, installation, and all memorial-related cemetery fees. All memorials come with unlimited lettering in both English and Hebrew, as well as unlimited emblems. There is a fifty year warranty on materials and workmanship.
For cemeteries not listed below, discounts will be made available upon request with respect to Jewish burials in other cemeteries in the greater Washington area serving the Jewish community.
On a quarterly basis, Supplier shall provide JFPCGW with reports showing each purchase made under this contract, the cemetery, the congregation (if any and if known), and the product.
4. For flat bronze memorial markers: companion plaques are 44″ by 14″ and single plaques are 24″ by 14″. All inclusive pricing including all of the above at each of the five named cemeteries are as follows:
|Judean Memorial Gardens||Olney MD||$2,995||$1,995|
|King David Memorial Gardens||Falls Church VA||$2,995||$1,995|
|Mount Lebanon Cemetery||Adelphi MD||$2,995||$1,995|
|Garden of Remembrance||Clarksburg MD||$2,395||$1,635|
|Menorah Gardens at Parklawn||Rockville MD||$2,995||$1,995|
The plaques shall be of bronze, with gold beveled edges, of the kind and quality designated in the trade as cast bronze grave marker with a granite base. Bronze should be comprised of the following in accordance with industry standards:
A) Copper not less than 87%,
B) Tin not less than 5%,
C) Lead not more than 2.5%,
D) Zinc not more than 5%,
44″ x 14″ for a companion grave site, or 24″ by 14″ for a single grave site.
5. For upright granite monuments: sizes vary depending on specific cemetery standards. Turnkey pricing including all of the above at each of the five named cemeteries are as follows:
|Judean Memorial Gardens||Olney MD||$3,495||$2,495|
|King David Memorial Gardens||Falls Church VA||$3,495||$2,495|
|Mount Lebanon Cemetery||Adelphi MD||$3,495||$2,495|
|Garden of Remembrance||Clarksburg MD||$2,695||$1,490|
|Menorah Gardens at Parklawn||Rockville MD||$3,495||$2,495|
The upright monuments shall be made of 100% granite, of the kind and quality designated in the trade as a granite upright monument on a granite base. Granite sizes will vary based on specific cemetery regulations and will conform to those regulations for both size and color when applicable. Thickness on all monuments will be 8″.
6. Supplier shall submit a scaled drawing of the memorial (marker or monument) to the purchaser for approval prior to proceeding with the work.
7. Supplier shall be responsible for all arrangements with the cemetery for installation and repair, and shall accomplish such work within 120 days of the order or request being made and shall inform purchaser when the work is completed.
8. Supplier shall warranty materials and workmanship in the base and the memorial for 50 years from the date of installation and shall furnish purchaser a warranty certificate to that effect.
9. Supplier and purchaser shall agree on the date and time of the unveiling. Supplier shall notify the cemetery of the date and time of the unveiling and shall affix an unveiling cloth if the cemetery doesn’t furnish one.
10. There shall be a single, uniform form of contract between Supplier and purchaser, which must be approved by JFPCGW prior to the beginning of sales under this contract. The family will not be required to visit supplier’s premises. Supplier will send a representative to the purchaser’s home or office to accomplish paperwork, when requested. Email and/or fax are also permitted.
11. Supplier will assign a single account executive whose duty is to receive calls for services, and to facilitate its performance, under this contract, and will notify JFPCGW of his/her name and phone. Supplier will see that such functions are covered when the account executive is absent. Purchasers will be given a single number to call.
12. Supplier will keep JFPCGW advised of changes that affect dealings and/or performance under this contract within 15 days of making the change.
13. This contract does not create any rights of Supplier against JFPCGW. Supplier will defend, indemnify and hold harmless JFPCGW against any claim or suit against it arising out of this contract or relationship.
14. For the three years beginning 1/31/22, JFPCGW shall have the option to renew this contract, with price adjustments in accordance with the U.S. Government’s Consumer Price Index for Washington-Baltimore all items – urban, for the most recent 12 month period available as of October 15 of the year of exercise, or of such substantially equivalent index as the Government may promulgate, unless the supplier can show that an increase above CPI is justified by metal or freight surcharges, etc. Any such surcharges will be passed through without markup. Reference data may be found at www.bls.gov/cpi/home.htm.
15. Dates and Signatures
For Fram Monument Company
___________________________ Date: 1/1/2018
Print name: Niv Fishbein
For The Jewish Funeral Practices Committee of Greater Washington
___________________________ Date: 1/1/2018
Print name: Arthur R. Hessel, President