Welcome Moment Magazine Readers
You have come to the web’s best known resource on Jewish practices, rituals, and education related to death, dying, and bereavement. Below are some bullets to give you a lay of the land:
- Basic Topics – finding things on the Home Page:
- Three large boxes linking information about what to do when there’s a death, what Jewish practices are, and how to educate your community about the richness of our traditions and rituals.
- Three large boxes linking information for Chevrah Kadisha members on starting a new chevrah, enhancing an existing chevrah, and our News Feed with latest articles and course announcements.
- Horizontal menu at the bottom of all pages gives links for common topics such as our Annual Chevrah Kadisha Conference, Gamliel Institute Courses, understanding Chevrah Kadisha and Taharah and Shmirah, along with Funeral and Burial, and topic and resource options.
- Coronavirus Central – a central page with relevant information, articles, and announcements related to Chevrah Kadisha work and the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- Chevrah Kadisha trainings – Kavod v’Nichum offers online courses and on-site classes and trainings in all aspects of Chevrah Kadisha work, including taharah and shmirah, comforting mourners, liturgy for taharah and burial services, and more.